16.11.15

Denim Jacket (Rappers and Booties)


(Out of context intro)

I enjoy rap music when rappers discuss on matters that actually matter such as Chance the Rapper in his sing Cocoa Butter or Childish Gambino in Hold You Down. However, the only consistent pattern of the topic that are in rap music since I first started listening to it in 2012 is booty. Why? What is the correlation between these two separate entities? Am I ignorant to the history of it? If I am, please enlighten me.

(Contextual intro)

But I digress. Let's talk about denim jackets shall we? First of all, how great are they? I treated myself with a black denim jacket earlier this month and I can tell you that there was not a day that I left my denim jacket in the house. Whatever outfit I have on, I'd just throw on my denim jacket on top for an extra pow-wow. It is a great staple in any wardrobe. Trust me. The trick is just to find a wash that accommodates well to your wardrobe and a fit that, well, compliments your figure. Du-uh.




I was on a lookout for a denim jacket for soooooooooo long, I thought I should share with you some tips that would make your journey to the perfect denim jacket easier as compared to mine. I am not an expert, but I am an experienced shopper so, I think my opinion would kind of help. Maybe... Maybe not...

1.
Try on any denim jackets that you can find. 
Here's the thing, you can never imagine how a denim jacket would look like on you unless you put it on you. There are so many washes and cuts, I mean, just put it on. I never thought that I would end up with a black denim jacket but here I am, at bliss with one.

2.
Compare & Contrast
Once you found the kind of wash and cut that you need in your life, be on the lookout for a cheaper one. Denim jackets can be expensive but sometimes, you can get it for less. Compare and contrast the quality and price with other shops. Don't just stop at one shop. Venture out. I don't buy anything made in masses for full price because we both know that it is going to go on sale for waaay fucking cheaper and we will be sad for not waiting.

3.
Buy
Buy the denim jacket that has the optimum balance amongst style, price and quality.

4.
Enjoy it for eternity
It will last you forever. I doubt that it will an item of clothing that will soon be irrelevant in fashion. If it ever happens, I don't think I will be proud of the industry anymore (maybe).

ps: A$AP ROCKY has some sick beats but sickening lyrics. I do enjoy getting high on it though (musically, not drugs wise). Not gunna lie.

l8r,
Jaz.


No comments:

Post a Comment