20.10.15

Of Vaginas, Clothes Stuff and Skateboard

This video from Refinery29 represents my belief. 

Not only that, it video-graphed my belief in the most beautiful form of flawed beauty which are vaginas, pretty clothes and skateboards.

I am a feminist and I am not one who throws around labels like an expired pizza. When I said that I am something, I take a really big pride in that. However, let me get the elephant out of the way here, I am not an irrational feminist where all I ever want to do is be better than men. Nope, I am a feminist because I want find the equilibrium between genders in peace. 

There are nothing that men can do that women can't and not a thing that women can do that men can't, other than the pregnancy stuff. But I have to say this, it is harder for women to break the conservative view of femininity than men with their masculinity. This is because men always have had a loud and clear booming voice in the society. Whereas women were reinforced since we were young that we are the secondary sex, that our voice is not as loud as the primary sex hence, can't be heard that well. We were trained to be timid and submissive. We don't have power over ourselves and that is terrifying.

Hence the video. Women can't do a lot of things such as speak their minds, stand over their partner, be independent, drive, have sexual desires, masturbate and skateboard. "Girls don't do that!" We were often told. But this video tells us otherwise. You can look as women-ly as you want and act as boyish as you want at the same time. 

Let's put genders aside shall we? Because there's no such thing as acting sissy like a girl or rough like a tomboy. There is only acting nice as a human being. Because that is all we are, aren't we? As long as we are nice to another human, who cares if you are a woman who enjoys masturbation and who cares if you're a guy who doesn't know how to change a flat tire. Not everybody can do what everybody else can do.

Be nice and respectful. And cool.

Plus, there's no such thing as "girls can't spread their legs wide while sitting." NOBODY should ever spread their legs while sitting. It is impolite and unappetizing. Nobody would wanna take a sip of soup while staring at your crotch. Trust, me it will never be a pretty sight for anybody.

l8r,
Jaz.


No comments:

Post a Comment