10.10.15

ICB: Trends


Welcome yet to another rendition of something I call, "I Call Bullshit" where I point to a stuff and literally call it bullshit. With reasons of course. 

So, what is it about trends that that tickles my ribs? In a gist, it is becoming too much. 

The present trend that is engulfing the world and consumerists shops are the 70s trends. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy fashion despite of it's era but we are taking the 70s trend by verbatim. Word by word. It is great that we are trying to create a culture of acceptance in fashion despite of its oddity but when everyone is trying to recreate, replicate I must say, the 70s trends, item by item, it kind sets me off. I don't mind if it is just one person who's  individuality explains in the 70s trend but everyone is dressing like my mom when she was a teenager. With their bell-sleeves, bell-bottoms, suede jackets and pants, with this and that. It's too much.

We lost our individuality while trying to keep up with the trend. That is the essential problem that I would like to call bullshit on. Don't we have any respect for our individuality that we spend our entire allowance on on trying to look like every other person who came out of the shop as we did? Damn. It infuriates me. It is like I am seeing a copy of a copy of a copy every time I turn my head. It infuriates me because I know we can do better when it comes to representing ourselves as a person. A person who is not the next person.  

There is no right and wrong in fashion but there is something that we've seem to neglect and that is our originality. We need more of that. I can't look at another store without seeing something related to the 70s. It. Is. Too. Much.

But I do love patterned pants. Haha.

l8r,
Jaz.


No comments:

Post a Comment