2.10.15

Contradistinctive Factor of Jaz | Saying


I had an idea in my head when I started "Jaz | Saying" and the idea was, "don't you fucking dare be anyone else." and I know the idea sounded rather crude or impolite but it needed to be said.

I created this blog because I was frustrated with the content of my previous blog. I've read a lot of fashion blogs and what my previous blog, dammitjaz, did was trying to be like the countless of blogs that I read. Hence, the fucking content that was vomited upon that blog did not come from me. It came from what I read and I think a fashion blog should look and sound like. Hell, I was wrong.

I hated the content that I had written and I hated the clothes that I styled. I was drowning in an ocean banality in fashion when fashion itself could never be banal in the first place. So, that was when I realized that I fucked this blog up so bad, there was not a point from which I could return to other than starting the whole thing up from scratch. Again.

Thus the birth of Jaz | Saying. This platform is for me and myself. This is a platform on which I could be selfish and say I what I want to say, not what the society expects of on a blog about clothes. I am funny, I am weird and I have opinions. I am not here to tell you what to and what not to wear. That is your fucking decision, don't put it on me. I am for whatever reasons you need me to be. May be it be good or bad such as 

a) I could be the person you love to look at when you scan through shitloads of fashion blogs.

or

b) I could be the silly girl who wears outrageous clothes that you just love to hate.

Jaz | Saying needs a contradistinctive factor to set itself apart from the gazillions of fashion blogs out there and I genuinely think that the embodiement of the contradistinctive factor mentioned earlier is myself. 


l8r,
Jaz.


No comments:

Post a Comment