3.10.15

Dior SS 16: Damn......



Photos from Vogue.com

The title of this blog post would be sufficient to justify my feelings towards Dior's SS 16 collection. 

I think what makes this collection stands out is the paradoxical factor of it. Raf Simmons, the creative director of Christian Dior, was able to capture the essence of complexity and simplicity on one collection. I mean. what else could you want in a set of clothes if not the incomprehensible part of it? Isn't that what fashion is all about? 

However, I must say that I am more biased towards his masculine part of the collection. Mind you, the scalloped design was intricate and indeed beautiful but I am more of a suits, blazers and sleeveless blazer kind of gal.  Hence the reason why the pictures I chose encompasses of only the components that I love. Sorry. And you know what made the collection better? Or dare I say, the best? It is the pointy pilgrim-like shoes. 

It was love at first sight. And I don't even believe in love at first sight! But this is clothes, but I digress. 

What I felt when I first saw the pictures on Vogue this morning was similar to moments when I passed by a good looking and a great dresser guy or gal and with no control whatsoever, I would subconsciously utter the mono-syllabic word that is "dammnnnnn...." under my breath.

Damn... Just damn it Raf Simons. Damn...

l8r,
Jaz.





No comments:

Post a Comment