20.6.15

I call bullshit: Love at first sight (part 1: my perspective)



I like to write things where I am in a neutral state. I feel like if I ever favor one side more than the other then, the things that I will be writing will not be worth of your time. But, since I feel kind of strongly about this topic, I am going to go ahead anyways. I need to let my opinions be known to the world because why the fucking hell not, yeah? Don't worry though, I am still going to talk about it from another perspective.

So, ladies, gentleman and unidentified gender, welcome to another rendition of "I call bullshit". Let's take a second and think about the first time you felt as if you caught "love at first sight". If you ever had that feeling, great! But personally, I never had a chance to come across that feeling or sensation or whatever it is and for the sake of my boyfriend, I hope that I never will.

Let's start by talking about how I feel about this thing. Well, in short I always thought that "love at first sight" is one of the most polite way of saying, "damn, dat gurl is so hawt I wanna fill 'er up." Which I know is disgusting but I say that to myself all the time. Sorry. 

I think "love at first sight" was made famous by writers because as a hardcore reader and a self-proclaimed writer, I think I have the audacity to say that writers tend to over-romanticize mundane shits. For example if you look at the moon tonight you might say to yourself, "the moon looks real pretty tonight." as opposed to a typical romance-novel writer who would probably say that "the moon reminds of the opalescent eyes of my lover." and we buy this shit. We read about it, cry about it, connected to it and adapted that idea into our real-life. It is amazing the amount of things the media can do to change us.

Love is complex, dirty, messy and beautiful all at once and I don't think you can acquire all of that element from just a glance. What you saw was just the physical attributes of a stranger that kind of fits to your idea of an ideal mate. I don't think it's love. It is just a physical attraction which leans more towards your preferences. I think that is why the feeling sort of mutilates from your ordinary physical attraction thus, labeling it as "love at first sight". There is no love in that equation. 

So, that is my thoughts on "love at first sight". 

However, like I said earlier, I the last thing I want to be is one sided. But this post is already too long so, click this link here to read the next part.

l8r,
Jaz.






No comments:

Post a Comment