21.6.16

Word Vomit: The Art of Letting Go

Here's a question, is letting go of someone a selfish decision?


Behind every decision I have ever made, at the very foundation of that decision is kindness. So, every time the occasion for decision- making comes up, I will think to myself "what is the kindest way to go about this decision?" 

Some might say that in some events, kindness is not going to be an option but I disagree. Even in the most gruesome decision, kindness exists. It is our job to materialize it.

What I am trying to get at here is recently, I made a life- altering decision to let go of an important, most loved person in my life. It took me a long while to 
get a grip on my decision because I could not idealize the basis of kindness in the decision. How can it be kind if in the end, all I do is break someone's heart? How can it ever be kind if when I leave I 
know that my footsteps seeps pain into that person? But after reassessing the problem I realized that I wanted to be kind to everyone but myself. Why did I deprive myself from my own kindness? 

I want to be happy. And apparently, I deserve to be happy. And so I made a decision to be kind to 
myself. In other word, much blunt word, I made a decision to be selfish. Yes, it was a mean, cold and egoistic decision and I promise you, it was not a decision I made with any ounce of regret.

Loving, especially my act of loving discovered it's limit. Would I have been a much better person if I compromise the love and kindness that I have for myself to make sure that another person in my life is happy while I watch myself alter and deteriorate into a shadow of negativity, preying upon others 
and disseminate the negativity perpetually? Would that have been a far kinder decision?

I don't think so. Sometimes selfish is kind. It may not seem like so. But it is. 

Kindness that society wants us to selflessly provide is onto others. And that is not wrong. That act is indubitably noble. But society forgets to project onto us that being kind to ourselves is a selfless act as well. Be kind people. To anyone, anything, to everyone and everything.

l8r,
Jaz




  

No comments:

Post a Comment