23.6.16

#1 Ali on Osaka

(Osaka is a story I have been writing for two years. I don't remember how it all started and I also do not any idea on how to end it either. Maybe I just do not want it to end. So Osaka remains as snippets of never-ending stories. Btw, I wrote each story as a scene with a soundtrack. Hence every story will be accompanied with a soundtrack.)
Ali on Osaka

There was a myth saying that humans were originally created with four arms, four legs, and a head with two faces. Zeus, a Greek god, who was fearful of their power, decided to split these humans into two separate beings, condemning them to spend their whole lives to search for their other halves. I do not believe in this ancient Greek mythology of course, but I wanted to, I still want to. Somehow, I can’t bring myself to.

Osaka is a being that I cannot separate myself from. I will always gravitate towards her, come night or day, my choosing would be her. I would throw myself off of a cliff if she says the word. I wanted to believe that my condemnation from Zeus was over when I found her, I wanted to believe that she is the other half of whom Zeus had me halved from. Oh, there was nothing more that I wanted to believe more than that. But she is Osaka, she is all four arms, four legs and head with two faces all by herself. And my existence when I am with her, I would not call it as existence. Oblivion suits best.

Love stories almost always begin with the moment of the eyes of two lovers caught a glimpse of one another's’ remarkable beauty. In this case, let me begin mine with the glimpse that I caught of Osaka the moment I left her. The moment I last saw her. She was still beautiful, I doubt that I will find another beauty such as hers, so beautiful that it bled my soul just to turn my head away from her and her eyes. Osaka’s eyes were the loveliest amongst all other pairs of eyes I had ever set my eyes on. Her eyes were my universe. I looked into those eyes and I found home so far away from home but that day, when I stepped away from her, those eyes were empty as a black hole. Black and the universe that had once belonged to those eyes ceased from existence. She stared at me as if I was a stranger on a train. I could not tell if she was heartbroken from my withdrawal from her life because at that moment, she was as stagnant as a statue.

Osaka was the love of my life, the one true love of my life that I know that I will regret for the remaining years of my being for leaving her. But I fear of drowning in the universe of her eyes more than I fear that regret.

I know these all sound rather excessive, unreal and exaggerated but isn't love always is?


l8r,
Jaz

No comments:

Post a Comment